Apply on-line through Grad SIS. Through Grad SIS you will be able to apply, upload and submit your application materials. Your application progress can be saved and completed at a later time. You will also be able to check on the status of your application and which materials have been received by the department. When listing faculty for letters of reference, please use their university e-mail address. E-mail addresses other than the recommender’s official university e-mail address will significantly delay processing of your application.
For fall quarter, the official deadline is January 5th, but applicants are urged to send in their applications by December 8th for priority admissions decision with funding.
- GRE Official scores for the GRE General Test. The Institution Code is 4839, and the HS dept code is 2608.
- All applicants whose native language is not English and who do not have a degree from an institution where English is the exclusive language of instruction must complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (Internet-based). The Institution Code is 4839 and the HS dept. code is 23.
- 3.0 GPA
- Application fee for international students is $100
Application fee for domestic students is $80
- 3 letters of reference. If you have enrolled in a graduate program, at least 1 letter of reference should be from your current/former advisor.
- Writing sample
- Students can apply to the Ph.D. degree program directly from the B.A. undergraduate degree.
- For fall Quarter (beginning in September), the deadline of admission and fellowship consideration for both Domestic (U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents) and Foreign (International) applicants is January 5th. Applications received after this date may still be considered depending on the availability of the remaining resources. The Admissions Committee will only review an application once all required documents are received.
- All official documents must be received in sealed envelopes directly from the issuing entity.
- Program mailing address:
University of California, Riverside
Department of Hispanic Studies
Attn: Seabrook Mendoza
900 University Ave., HMNSS 2401
Riverside, CA 92521